Wednesday 21 September 2011

Education Are Photographic qualifications necessary?

I am off studying again to complete my BA Hons. in Photography. Back to the grindstone with the Open College of Arts.
It all kicks off the argument as to whether a photographer needs qualifications. I suppose the short answer is no but couldn't that apply to to a whole host of occupations?

However gaining a qualification does seem to indicate a desire to succeed and quite a commitment not least of which is the expense.
Three to six years studying does tend to suggest the difference between a dedicated pro and a weekend warrior.

I could argue further but I firmly believe in qualifications and continued education throughout life so yes I do believe a photographer needs to be qualified.

This image is one taken during an assignment during the course. It was shot me Lance Markham of MM Photography at the Model Mentor Studios.  http://www.modelmentor.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment